Our friends at the Blue Sky Fund need your help. For their 3rd annual crowdfunding campaign, dubbed Blue Skies Ahead, they’ve given themselves only 36 hours to raise $20,000 for their outdoor education and adventure programs. And the clock is already ticking! It started at 6 a.m. this morning and ends tomorrow (Wednesday, April 18th) at 6 p.m.
Over the next two days the non-profit dedicated to providing transformational experiences for Richmond’s urban youth will be sharing behind-the-scenes looks at some of our their programs as well as introducing possible donors to some of the students, teachers, and parents who have been impacted by the work they do.
As Executive Director David Kunnen said in the above video, here are some specific ways that you can help make the #BlueSkiesAhead campaign a success:
- Donate. The #BlueSkiesAhead link is live until 6 p.m. on Wednesday. Help us reach our goal of $20,000 before then!
- Be social with us. Make sure you are following us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter so that you can share our social media posts far and wide and help #BlueSkiesAhead start trending!
- For each share, like, or retweet that our posts get during the next two days, we will receive $1, up to $5,000.
- If you are able to get ten gifts donated to the campaign, the Blue Sky Fund staff will provide an outing for your family, friends, or co-workers (up to 10 people). You will get to experience the activities our kids enjoy every day during program.
- Celebrate with us. Join us on Wednesday from 4 p.m.-10 p.m. at Union Market for one of our favorite nights of the year. A portion of the proceeds during those hours will be given to Blue Sky Fund, and everyone who attends will be entered to win an awesome prize basket (valued at $250+ of goods found at Union Market). The weather is looking beautiful, bring the family and all of your friends!
With your support, Blue Sky Fund will be able to provide more opportunities for our community’s youth to enjoy the outdoors while they increase their competence and develop confidence while on a field investigation, paddling down the James, or looking for their next hold on the rock wall.
We are excited to provide more #BlueSkiesAhead for Richmond’s kids!