Individual Climbing Outings Faq's
- What is the level of physical fitness required for climbing? -Climbing requires a moderate level of physical fitness and while the amount of exertion varies, most adults find it to be physically challenging while most children and teens find it to be moderately demanding.
- What happens in case of inclement weather? -If the conditions are unsafe due to inclement weather we will reschedule or cancel the program. If it looks like the program may be at risk of being canceled we can set a time the night before or morning of the trip to make the decision.
- What should I wear to a climbing outing? -Wear clothes that are weather appropriate and allow for a full range of motion and closed toed shoes. We recommend hiking boots or high top shoes and gardening gloves (the type with the latex grip) for comfort.
- How far in advance should I book an outing? -The earlier the better. It is rare that we can set up an independent trip in less than a week. Give us a call and we can put something tentative on the schedule.
- Can Riverside Outfitters provide climbing programs at our school or other organization? -We provide climbing programs at many schools in the greater Richmond area and are willing to inspect private locations for an event.