Sapling is designed for participants 6-9 years old. Our camps are based on arborist-style tree climbing and high ropes type activities. Kids are always harnessed in and belayed by an instructor while climbing. Some of the activities that Sapling kids will do include a vertical climb into the canopy of a tree, a limbwalk (walking out on a branch balance-beam style), giant swings, and a white water rafting trip!
All of our climbing elements are challenge by choice – we encourage kids to set goals for themselves and meet them, but we never force a child to complete a climbing element. Sapling kids will also be swimming in some of the tamer areas of the James river (life jackets are worn in the water), and exploring the parks in Richmond. Add in some creative outdoor games, knot tying, tree identification, and friendship, and you’ve got an awesome week of summer fun!
Pick up drop off Location:
6836 Old Westham Rd., Richmond, VA 23225
8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
2019 Sessions - Monday through Friday. Cost: $425 per week.
*Waitlist options available as of 5/27
Sapling Week 1: June 10-14 –Only 3 Spots remain!
Sapling Week 2: June 17-21 *Waitlist
Sapling Week 3: June 24-28 *Waitlist
Sapling Week 4: July 1-5 *Waitlist
Sapling Week 5: July 8-12 *Waitlist
Sapling Week 6: July 15-19*Waitlist
Sapling Week 7: July 22-26 *Waitlist
Sapling Week 8: July 29-Aug 2 *Waitlist
Sapling Week 9: Aug 5-9 *Waitlist
Sapling Week 10: Aug 19-23 *Waitlist
- My child is on the waitlist. How likely are they to get into that camp session?
- I would not count on it. While it does happen from time to time, it is generally unlikely. Please refer to our cancellation and waitlist policy at the bottom of the page.
- Will my child be in the same group as his or her friends?
- If they are signed up for the same camp (Sapling, White Oak, Red Oak, etc) and the same week they will be in the same group.
- Do you perform background checks on your staff?
- Yes. We perform annual checks on all of our camp staff through a third party which covers local, state, federal and sex offender registries.
- My child is turning _______ years old on ________. Can you make an age exception?
- We almost never make exceptions in regards to our age groups. We have built into our camp structure a one year overlap in camps (i.e. a 12 year old could attend Oak, River Shredders or Old Growth).
- I am trying to enroll my child in a camp but I’m not seeing the enrollment options for their age group.
- It’s most likely that the camper’s age was incorrectly listed upon enrollment. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you run into this problem.
- Do you offer extended day programming?
- Unfortunately, we do not. If you have multiple children in different camps on the same day that have different pick up and drop off times we will allow you to drop the children off at the earlier camp time and pick them up at the later camp time. **Please note- we can not accommodate early drop offs or late pick ups other than in the circumstance listed above.**
- I’ve forgotten my password and when I try to reset it through the website I am not receiving any emails.
- Most likely, the email you used to initially register your account is no longer current. Your email address is like a user name in our system so if that changes we need to be notified to change that on our end. If you can think of what email you initially received our confirmations from, that is the account to sign in on and book for the summer.
- Will pictures or videos be available for parents/guardians at the end of the session?
- Yes! We send out an email with the link to our photos the Saturday after camp ends. If you have opted out of marketing emails then you will have to contact us for the link.
**Cancellation/Refund Policy: All payments are non-refundable. Exceptions made at the discretion of our staff. If we are able to fill your camper’s spot through the waitlist, we will refund you all but a $30 per instance processing fee. See our waitlist policy below.**
** Wait List Policy: If we are filling spaces in a camp more than 1 month out from the start of that camp week, we will call one family at a time from the wait list and give them 48 hrs to accept the spot. After 48 hrs we will call the next family on the list. If we are calling within a month of a camp session, we will call everyone on the wait list concurrently and follow a first come first served policy.**